On behalf of the Club Executive, welcome to the 2019 Tennis Season! Our Registration Day is scheduled for Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 4pm-6pm at Maki House, 19 Leeming Drive, Ottawa.
Season 2019 will see a return of popular programs and some new programs as follows:
- Saturday morning junior tennis clinics with parents, 9am -10am, commencing May 4, 2019 onwards. These are free 6 weekly tennis sessions for children to gather with their parents/guardians and actively play tennis to learn the basics of the game. Long term members of the club will be there to help out in organizing the play.
- NEW – Voluntary Drop-In tennis for members will commence Monday evenings, April 29, 2019 onwards throughout the season, 8.30 -10.00pm (Organizers : Kamuran and Radek). This is a great opportunity to meet others from the club and arrange games for other days.
- The CBTC community barbecue in June or July (date to be decided and notified to you).
- End of Season Club Tennis Tournament in Women’s, Men’s in Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles, together with a Junior tournament.
- Pickleball is available on Court 2 for interested members.
- NEW – Club membership in National Capital Tennis Association (NCTA)/Ontario Tennis Association (OTA). See details below.
Our recent affiliation to the NCTA/OTA is a cost to our club of $10 per adult and $3 per junior member. We estimate the club’s annual cost will be about $1,300 and the benefits are both long term and short term, including the following:
(a) Member Clubs gain access for children under 12 to the Capital Kids program of inexpensive children’s tennis coaching, which is delivered in selected clubs throughout the city.
(b) Member Clubs represent a group which liaises with the City of Ottawa on plans for progressive rehabilitation of Ottawa’s tennis courts in the next few years. Because of the state of our courts, it is vital for our club to be affiliated to NCTA/OTA which are specifically attentive to tennis needs in Ottawa.
All this has necessitated an increase in our club membership fees of $10 for individual adults and $20 for Family membership. Individual Junior fees will remain at the 2018 level. This is the first raise in fees for many years and very specific to preserving the club’s options in facing its future.
The 2019 Membership Registration form is now available online. We look forward to welcoming you all to the 2019 Tennis Season and thank you for your valued support.
CRYSTAL BEACH TENNIS CLUB EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Ian Ashe, President, 613-820-4995 (Ian.ashe77@gmail .com)